Our current Services in York region & Beyond:
Mental Health Supports -Reducing effects of poverty and homelessness on youth & Adult mental health during and after covid-19 pandemic through new free initiatives such as food security program, educational resources, tutoring sessions, pet therapy, art therapy and Community barbeques. “Imagine having to choose between food and rent. That’s a reality for some of the 4.4 million Canadians who struggle to access food. Most live in poverty and make daily sacrifices in order to survive.” Maple Lodge Farms.
If you have received a nomination or a reference from this organization, we request that you reach out to us to confirm and verify. Please reach us through facebook message on Stamp out Stigma for Mental Health page or email us email@example.com.
Sign up for the FREE services below. Fruits & Vegetables supply provided every 2 weeks. Free Tutoring sessions as scheduled.
1. Free Tutoring sessions in Math & Reading/Writing starting January 2022.
Access to free online 30 minutes tutoring sessions in Math Grades 1-12, Reading Grades 1-5. Sign up here:
2. Library- access to reading materials and Books starting January 2022.
Sign out a great selection of reading books suitable for early readers JK to Grade 5. Select course books available. Sign up here:
In the News:
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Award & Pin. August 23, 2022.
- Ontario Junior Citizen Award – Honorarium $800. March 11, 2022.
- Champion Award – Ontario Deputy Premier, Health Minister & MPP Aurora Newmarket Christine Elliot. July 2021.
- Certificate of Exceptional Impact – United Way Greater Toronto, CMHA, York Region. Oct 15, 2022. supporting Community Action Tables.
- Awesome Foundation Award Newmarket. March 1 & Sept 6, 2022
- Upper Canada & Newmarket Chambers of Commerce – Community Spirit Award & Prize $100. January 21, 2022
- Youth Volunteer Award – “Youth Friends” category. 360 Kids York Region. September 22, 2021.
- Volunteer Champion Award – Volunteer Markham. April 2021.
- Caring Champion Award– Mayor John Taylor and Council for the Town of Newmarket. March 2021.
“Young people have the power to change the world.”Princess Diana.
We are deeply inspired by loving memory of our aunt who lost her battle to cancer at a young age. She was a community hero and we keep her memory alive by giving back through mental health initiatives and making a difference in our communities.
-She is the Universe- World Changers Mini Grant December 2021. $100 US.
–Awesome Foundation Grant – Newmarket, Canada. March 1 2022. $1000 CAD.
-Hershey Heartwarming Grant – April 5, 2022. $500 US.
-Canadian Mental Health Association – Agency led project grant: Art therapy and anti-bullying mentorship. June 2022 $10,000 CAD.
-Canadian Mental Health Association – Resident led project grant: Pet therapy for improving youth mental health. June 2022 $1000 CAD.
-Canadian Mental Health Association – Resident led project grant: Community BBQ improving mental health post covid-19. June 2022 $1000 CAD.
-Awesome Foundation Grant. Backpacks project – Sept 6, 2022 $1000 CAD.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Stamp out Stigma for Mental Health Association is a non-profit incorporated organization.